Happy Wetlands Month!
Participate in MACC’s Wetlands Photo Contest, May 1 – 31, 2019
MACC (Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissioners) is sponsoring our second annual Wetlands Photo Contest to celebrate American Wetlands Month. Wetlands are important to the health of our environment and community; they help recharge our drinking water, prevent flooding and storm damage, and support a wide variety of wildlife. Massachusetts has incredible wetlands in all regions of the state, from the coast to the Connecticut River, to the Berkshires.
Here are some specifics about the contest:
• First Place winner will receive a $300 cash prize!
• Second Place winner will receive a $200 cash prize!
• Third Place winner will receive a $100 cash prize
• Submit up to three (3) photos per person by May 31, 2019. The photos must be in digital JPG format and each photo must be less than 4 MB in size. Winners will be notified by email and winner’s names will be announced on MACC’s website in mid-June 2019.
• All photos must represent a Massachusetts location. Photographs can be pictures of streams, lakes, rivers, marshes, vernal pools, or beaches, with, or without, animals, birds, insects, flowers, plants, or people. (If people are included in the photo, please be sure to obtain the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and be able to provide copies of those releases to MACC upon request).
• Submit photos via email to email@example.com Include the following information with each photo: First & Last Name, email address, and location of the photograph. Contact MACC’s office at (617) 489-3930 with questions. Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions 10 Juniper Road, Belmont, MA 02478 www.maccweb.org
• MACC granted permission to use your photos in the future. Photographs remain the property of the photographer, but by entering photographs into this contest, contestants grant reprint permission to MACC and allow use of the photographs in MACC publications, websites, social media, and for educational purposes. MACC will endeavor to credit all photographs with the photographer’s name.
• Only non-commercial work may be submitted. Each entry must be submitted on an individual basis (no teams or corporate entries) and all entries must be the original creation of the submitting photographer. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond normal cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, will be disqualified. Photos that contain sexually explicit, obscene, violent or other inappropriate content are ineligible.
• MACC employees, interns, members of the MACC Board of Directors, and their families are prohibited from participating in this contest.
May is a great time to grab your binoculars, your camera, your friends and kids, and head to the great outdoors. You can kayak the salt marshes, rivers, ponds and lakes, or hike a trail in the Berkshires, a state park, or your local conservation land. Enjoy exploring!