Dudley Senior Center
Council on Aging
71 W. Main Street, 1st Floor
Dudley, MA 01571
508-949-8015 Option 3
DUDLEY SENIOR CENTER Call us with any questions.
Margaret Bussiere, COA Coordinator 508-949-8015 option 3
Monday & Friday 10am-3pm
**Seniors: You are welcome to attend any of our programs regardless of where you live!!**
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: to help setup for Senior Lunches on Mondays and Fridays.
Hours: 10 a.m. to Noon. Please call 508 943 3044 or 508 461 7315 or 508 949 8015 Option 3
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Medicare and Mass. Health Patients (65+) Click Here
Monthly Ongoing Schedule:
Monday: Chair Yoga: 10:30-11:30 a.m. with Instructor Joanne LaLiberte HHP $2.00 Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. Please call senior center 48 hours in advance to reserve your meal. A $3.00 donation is suggested.
Tuesday: 1 p.m. 13 Card Pitch and Dudley Senior Women’s Needleworker’s Group. Newcomers are always welcome!
Wednesday: 1 p.m. Scrabble Players and Dudley Senior Women’s Needleworker’s Group
Thursday: 1 p.m. Cribbage – New players are always welcome!
Friday: FRIDAY: Aging Backwards @ 9AM-9:30AM, Chair Yoga @ 10:30-11:30 am. TRI Valley Lunch is at 11:30am, followed by BINGO, (a friendly, Small group, slower paced BINGO). *Please note on days we have Jimmy D’s Italian Lunch, (last Friday of the month), we will not be playing BINGO.
Oh Baby It’s hot outside! Avoid heatstroke/heat exhaustion! Please remember to hydrate yourself often to replace electrolytes which are lost when you sweat! If you must be outside, stay out of the sun, look for shade, wear a hat and sun glasses, light loose clothing. Don’t spend energy doing things which could wait for a cooler day! Signs of heatstroke are confusion, dizziness, fainting, headache, muscle aches, absence of sweat, loss of consciousness, get help immediately, call 911.
If you are in need of a place to cool off, please stop by the senior center, 8:30am -4:30pm. Our AC is on, and you are welcome to hang out here, cool off, watch TV, read a book, or visit with friends!
Seniors did you know that you are welcome to attend any of our events or activities regardless of where you live? Don’t be shy, if you see something on our schedule you’d like to try, come and join us, we like making new friends!
Click here for the Fuel Assistance Form
The following organizations are available to help you compare Medicare drug plans and to answer any questions that you may have about drug coverage.
- SHINE Counselor: 1-800-AGE-INFO #3 www.800ageinfo.com Individual health insurance counseling is available to all Medicare beneficiaries.
- Medicare 1-800-MEDICARE www.medicare.gov For general assistance with the Medicare part D benefits and the Medicare drug plans. Please look for the Medicare and You handbook that was sent to you in October. Contact Medicare if you did not receive one.
- PROJECT BREAD’S FOOD Source Hotline 1-800-645-8333 Counselors available via “ Live Chat” on their website: www.gettingsnap.org Worcester Community Action Council (LIHEAP) Program. To find out if you qualify for fuel assistance & how to apply, please visit: www.wcac.net or call: 508-754-1176
- Tri Valley Elders www.trivalleyinc.org 1-800-286-6640 (Reporting Elder Abuse, Home Care, Ombudsman, Meals on Wheels, etc.)
- Elderbus: Safe, Reliable and Affordable Transportation. Call 800 321 0243. Click Here for more information.
- Benefits Check Up, to find the benefits and programs that meet your needs. www.benefitscheckup.org
- SNAP food stamp 1-866-950-3663 to see if you can qualify by phone.
- Mass Health Customer service: 1-800-841-2900 www.mass.gov/masshealth
- Salvation Army Fund www.magoodneighbor.org The Massachusetts Good Neighbor Energy Fund is now in its 30th year! They have provided energy assistance to hundreds- of- thousands of residents in temporary crisis. This helpful resource is run by the Salvation Army 1-800-334-3047 and will start taking applications Feb 1st.
- Eligibility requirements, benefits, and how to apply.
- Prescription Advantage has a new Website. The new website includes: Benefit and eligibility information. The most recent application forms and rate sheets. A user-friendly on-line application.
- www.800Ageinfo.com 1-800-243-4636 The Shine Program, Serving the Health Information Needs of Elders. Ed Roth, Regional Director 508-422-9931 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mass Senior Med Patrol (SMP), For more information on how to pre CARE at Home:
- Ace Medical Services Inc.: Click here or email us at email@example.com 508-792-3800
- Visiting Angels of Worcester Click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 508-757-4014
- Samaritan Health and Homecare: Webster, Ma. Medicare Certified. The private care arm of the VNA of Southern Worcester County. The Samaritans offer a wide range of supportive care to maintain individuals in their homes. Email email@example.com referral ph. # 800-336-7639
- VNA of Southern Worcester County: Webster, Ma 508-943-0612 firstname.lastname@example.org Medicare Certified.
- Overlook Care at Home: Click here
- Massachusetts Senior Medicare Patrol, (SMP), For more information on how to protect, detect and report healthcare errors, fraud, and abuse, or to schedule a free educational session, please contact the MA SMP program. 1-800-892-0890 Medicare Outreach, ESMV.ORG, or MASMP.ORG,
- MASS HEALTH: Provides comprehensive health insurance- or help paying for private health insurance to mor than 1 million Massachusetts children, families, seniors, and people with disabilities. 1800-841-2900
- Social Security Administration: 1-800-772-1213 Socialsecurity.gov
- Medicare: Health insurance for people age 65 or older: people under 65 with certain disabilities or people of any age with End Stage Renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant.) 1-800-MEDICARE www.medicare.gov If 800- Medicare or your Medicare plan cannot resolve a problem with your Medicare drug coverage call 617-565-1232; or call 617-565-1267 for problems with a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Mass Executive Office of Elder Affairs: Responds to reports of elder abuse, which may include physical, emotional and sexual abuse, neglect by a caregiver, self-neglect, and/or financial exploitation 1-800-922-2275
- Elder Hotline: Provides statewide information on elder related issues and programs including but not limited to: debt and debt collection practices, health insurance, home improvement, landlord and tenant issues, long-term care insurance, scam awareness, telemarketing. 1-888-ag-elder (1-888-243-5337)
Information about Senior Care and Services in the area. Click Here
- HANDS: Helping Address the Needs of Dudley’s Seniors. For Information Click Here